Friday, December 21, 2012

Where is your agency...

I have been thinking a lot about agency and the many different things we choose to place our agency in. It's been at the forefront of my mind because it has been something that I have struggled with and something that a lot of those around me are struggling with. There are so many in such great darkness right now, maybe because of loss or maybe because of drama with friends or maybe just a schedule that is far out of hand. Life is stressful and when we place our agency in other things it tends to become so much more helpless... So what are some of the things we place agency in... Well there are of course the things that are good and others that are not so good and not leading us to a place of hope.

Lets talk about the bad agencies first. The ones of the world that bring nothing but a moment of pleasure and a lasting pain. These are the agencies of the world. Things like alcohol and drugs and even possessions. Things that are tangible and momentary, they will never bring lasting hope or comfort, only a momentary rush that is nothing more than a simple numbing. I don't care who you are i'm sure you have fallen to these things at least once in your life. I know I have, I have had moments of hopelessness where I place my agency in something momentary and worldly. It's natural but we should develop power over these things and realize they will never bring a lasting joy and they will never bring  forth good fruits. They will never drive up to do good!

Now there are things that we can put our agency in that are better and better use of our time and effort but they still aren't the best. Things like our jobs, our church organizations and people. All good things that are right and true but they will not do us any good to place our agency in. Why must you ask? Because when we place our agency in these better things we still will not win. All these things are good things but none of them are perfect. I personally am a people pleaser, I will try and do everything in my power to make everyone happy and also make everyone love me. The fact of the matter is not everyone loves me and not everyone will be happy. By being a people pleaser I will never truly be happy because I will always burden my mind with ways to make everyone els better and never take care of me. So you see even these good things do not deserve our agency, when our agency is placed in these things we still wont find peace and hope. Maybe a little longer that with the tangible things but it won't last.

So where is the hope where should we put our agency? (Here's where I'm going to get churchy.) We have to put our full agency into God!! We have to work through him and submit completely to him! Part of placing our agency in God is realizing that we have to humble and fix ourselves before we try and save the world. The beautiful part about putting our agency in  God is that everything else will work out in the end. True there will still be moments of trial and pain but there will be longer taste of hope and joy and all the good things will fall into place. All the other things that we think we are supposed to focus on, jobs, people, church all those good things will work in the end when we put our agency in God. So for me this next year I am going to work even harder to put my whole agency in God because I know that if I do so all the rest of life will work out!

Well there is my little ramble for the night! Time to go snuggle my puppy have a fantastic evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment