Sunday, November 18, 2012

"The soul is healed by being with children."

"The soul is healed by being with children."





This is and English proverb and also something that hit me harder than usual today after another great Sunday with my incredible CTR 4 class! I will not lie the last couple weeks have been very up, down, in and out. I go to church with different weights on my mind and I am always baffled by how much better I feel afterwards. Not only do I feel closer to God but I feel like a real someone again. I am a primary teacher for the CTR 4 class in our ward. I truly love each and everyone of those little ones, they are so angelic. I work with them and I see nothing but light, truth and love.... and the occasional booger... They see things so simply and so clearly and honestly. 


Today we talked about the life of Jesus Christ and how he was born just like they were and that's why we celebrate Christmas time. We talked about his childhood and how he was a little kid just like them. I asked them what he did when he was an adult... Almost all of them raised there hands and told me that he did miracles. They told me that he died for everyone. We talked about his resurrection and how he died, but not really cause he came to life again. To them the stories are so simple and so real without a shadow of any sort of doubt, they don't care what the world thinks, they don't over think the stories and they never second guess. They truly know the Savior as their own best friend. 


I love teaching these angels so very much they truly do heal the soul (even on their rough days). They have that magical innocence that adults can't even achieve. I just wish our world didn't frown so much on the childlike ways of seeing life because those ways will heal the broken, hurting soul. I will never be able to fully thank these children for the gifts and lessons they have given me. They have truly changed my life and have done so much to help me come closer to my Savior and to the real me! I will miss them terribly when it comes time to leave!!
 
 My greatest wish is to become more as these little children!! 

That is my little thought for tonight, have a lovely evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment