Monday, August 26, 2013

I am in the land of the Founders now!


Oi minha familia e amigas!!!!!!
Finally left the MTC and I finished the Book of Mormon on my very last day! It was so awesome, if ya'll need a pick me up, pick up that little book, I am serious. It has taught me so much to prepare to go out to meet and teach!!
 
I made it to DC south! I am in the Fort Belvoir A ward area. Get this! Our church building is like in the backyard of Mt. Vernon!!!!  Is there a more perfect place for this history nerd?! I flew in Wednesday (very long but good day). We got to go to DC and see the Lincoln memorial and WWII memorial which was awesome. Then we went to our mission president's house. President Riggs, he is so nice and loving. Get this! 42 new missionaries from the MTC, I felt bad for all those in our way hehe. It is quite amazing and beautiful  here! I love my trainers! I am in a threesome with Sister Roper (from St. George) and Sister Vaituulala (from Orlando). They are awesome sisters and both teaching me so much!!!! We have taught and met so many amazing people. They have worked hard in this area to help bring people closer to our Heavenly Father.
 
Some of the People I have met are Mary and Kadija, two beautiful young ladies who are planning to be baptized very soon! They have so much light in a very dark world. Their mom is from Africa and is trying to get over malaria. Those girls are so sweet and seem so excited to have the gospel. Then there is Robert! I love Robert too he is older and we met him the other day when we thought we had another lesson (whole other cool moment there). My companions said they see him a lot and talk to him a lot but this was the first religious talk they have really had with him. He is so amazing, you can tell he knows his Heavenly Father so personally, and when he prayed, wow took my breath away! It was amazing! There have been so many others that I want to share but I am about out of time but I want you all to know that life is beautiful! Heavenly Father is amazing, He loves us and has a perfect plan for us to return to live with him! We just gotta do our own little bits. Awww I am so amazed at the miracles and the goodness in a dark world!
 
I hope all is well and I will talk to ya'll soon!!
 
Eu Amo Voces!!!
 
Sister Egbert
7520 woodside lane #14
Lorton Virginia 22079

No comments:

Post a Comment