Monday, September 9, 2013


Life is good here in Virginia! Hope all is well where you all are at! I think of y'all often and keep y'all in my prayers. It was a great week here! We have taught and met so many amazing people. I have learned so much that  I wish I could tell you all the great treasures and adventures, maybe one day hehe... We recently went to the Masonic temple in Alexandria which was pretty awesome.

Oh yah I met Grandma! She is like 80 something and the coolest CRAZIEST little old lady I have ever met. She is mMamma Odie from Princess and the Frog. She is from Liberia Africa and she too has seen it all and then some. She sings and dnaces and yells at you if you're late. She is a hoot and a half. She joined the church about a year ago. One thing I loved about what I learned was from grandma... She always uses the verb "carry"... "y'all carry anyone to baptism this week?" "They came to carry me to church." She says it all the time... Which made me think of my role as a missionary... I am not there to just invite... I should help carry (I mean of course the Lord carries the whole way) but we need to do our parts to not just throw out the invite, sometime you have to spiritually carry others in your own little wagons of life, yoked with the Savior... See what I did there haha!! 

I hope you all is well and I love you all!! Be good always and know that Heavenly Father loves you so much!
 
Have a magical day,
 
Sister Michayla Egbert




No comments:

Post a Comment