Monday, April 9, 2012

Suffer the children to come unto me...

"Truly growing up is to become childlike, not childish." Michayla Egbert

Alright here comes one of my greatest passions of all time, children! I love children so very much, they are pure, happy, in tune and very honest. They are sweet and fresh with the spirit. Children emulate the light of Christ with their innocents. I love how deeply simple children are, they see life in such a simple way that is far too deep for adults to understand. Not only that but they trust and believe in everything. Children are perfect and I love to be with them, even more so I love to be like them.

Christ said become as a little child. Well how does that work as an adult? we are supposed to grow up and be mature, right? If you ask me to truly grow up and become mature is to become as a little child. We must look back to our youthful years and rediscover the innocence and simplicity of the mind of a child, only then will we discover the secrets of heaven and earth.

Of course we have to be careful and make sure that we become childlike and not childish. There is a huge difference and difference that one can easily slip into. As adults it is usually very easy to become childish. Childish is when you are immature and emulating the wrong aspects of becoming as a child, unfortunately many of us have perfected becoming childish.
On the flip side, becoming childlike is much harder to achieve it requires us to believe in things unseen, to imagine and to truly dream. It also requires us to be true to ourselves and to not hide our true face from the world. Becoming childlike requires us to open ourselves up to connecting with other humans and loving and trusting them. It requires us to think outside ourselves and to share with everyone. It requires us to see the beauty in every moment and to be happy.

To become childlike is near impossible but we can come close. It is a beautiful thing to become as a little child. We live in a world that tries to completely knock it out of us, it makes us feel stupid about being innocent and true. The world wants us to be childish and seek after childish pleasures. It wants us to "grow up" but are we really? No by being childish we growing down and becoming too dependent on worldly items that will not feed our inner self.

I am proud to say that I feel one of my most cherished spiritual gifts is the ability to see life in a childlike light. I think that's why I'm good with kids. I am far from achieving childlike perfection, but I would like to say it is one thing I am good at. It is very hard and I must say the world works hard to knock it out of me. The world tells me I am stupid and that I shouldn't be so sweet and innocent. Even more than that the world tells me that by being childlike I am weak. In reality I feel that my childlike self allows me a strength that many will never understand. I just have to remember that, too many times I slip into the world way of thinking. I start to hate my childlike side and regret being me. Then I remember how much I love that part of me and how sacred it is, this usually happens when I see children play or be them. They are powerful and filled with the light of Christ! I know that if we strive to become as a little child we will find great wisdom, light, happiness, excitement, peace and so much more! Now go and become as a little child...

No comments:

Post a Comment