Monday, May 14, 2012

My greatest calling! This is for you mommy!!

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.  ~Victor Hugo

God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.  ~Jewish Proverb

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.  Abraham Lincoln 

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.  George washington 





It's mother's day, naturally I thought I would talk about motherhood! Not to mention with a mother like mine there is no better way to express love than writing so I dedicate this to my beautiful mother. Motherhood is beautiful and sacred. I am at a weird stage in life of finding my future. Ever since I was a child I have changed from carrier to carrier, first I wanted to be a princess (ok that one still holds true) then an animal biologist, then a vet, a nurse now I'm going for teacher. The one carrier I have been sure about since I was little was motherhood. As I cradled my little dolls I dreamed of one day being a wife and mommy and raising children of my own. I am so grateful for the amazing examples of my mother and other second mothers who have all had a hand in building me and preparing me for the greatest calling God has for his children!! 



We live in a screwed up world that tells you motherhood is weak. That being "just" a mom is not enough. You are not a strong modern day women if you make motherhood your number one duty. They say you will never change the world by "just" being a mom. Well guess what? They are wrong. Motherhood is the hardest job a women can have. I have done hard work in my life raising cattle and such but none of it compares to the hours my mommy put into raising me and my siblings. Despite what the world thinks motherhood is the greatest thing a women can do. And those who say mothers can't change the world take a look at every man and women who changed history, they all were taught by a mother of some sort.  Each of them, mothers are the ones that make history possible. 



I am proud to be a women and proud to have the gift to someday become a mom. I would have it no other way. Many may think that women are belittled by men. Especially when they look at my religion. Yes men hold the priesthood which is the power of God on the earth. I have seen that power in motion. People in our society see that as old fashioned and unequal and belittling women. On the contrary we have our own power of God on the earth. That power is the power to bring his children into this earth. In the Other Side of Heaven there is a quote that I love "Of all God's creations his children are his greatest glory." We are all his greatest glory and the women get the chance to fulfill his greatest creation. I am proud of this strength and power that both sexes have. I wish everyone could see the power of motherhood and how special it truly is. Not only that but the strength that it takes. 



I think that Eve the mother of creation knew this somehow in her mind when she took the forbidden fruit. I have known women who blame her for their misfortune of being a women. When God placed Adam and Eve in the garden he gave them two commandments, to not partake of the fruit and to multiply and replenish the earth. They could not obey both. I feel like Eve made the decision because she wanted to be a mother. She chose to partake so that she could bring us all into this mortal experience to choose and grow and work to return to our father in heaven. 



So I've established I can't wait to be a mom one day. Where did this want come from? I'll tell you it came from my wonderful mommy. I love my mommy so much she is smart and beautiful. She has taught me so much about life and motherhood. She has also taught me strength and how to think. I'm a little different, I think a little different, she taught me that. Not only has she been a wonderful mother to me and my siblings but also to many. She has shared and mentored many of my closest friends. I have to admit at times I was jealous of how much everyone loved my mom and wanted her attention. I now feel pride for how much she has help others around her. I am full of the greatest pride to be able to say she is my mommy. I strive and hope everyday that I will be half the women she is. I work to walk in her shoes but I have a lot of growing to do. I hope that she can one day see how amazing she really is! I work everyday to be the best women I can be just like my best friend my mother!




(PS. Also a big thank you to all you my second moms out there who have helped me become who I am. I love you all.) 


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment