Friday, March 2, 2012

Magic vs. world...

I live in Florida, I work at Disney World the most magical place on Earth. I believe in magic with every fiber of my being. I have seen it first hand, in the smile of a princess as she walks beneath Cinderella's Castle, in the face of a child when you magically send the off to Neverland, I have seen magic in the eyes of a family spending what may be their last months with their child, I have seen it in the eyes of an adult that tells their child "I remember Small World when I was a kid." I believe in magic. The magic that I have seen goes even deeper than a Disney adventure, there is magic in every miracle, in every moment when we feel close to our Heavenly Father. The magic is what makes us want to go on, but are we losing the magic?
Another thing I have seen at Disney World (and real world) is the slow death of magic. Every time a child tells me that Mickey is not really, every time a parent yells because maybe they had to wait a little longer than planned. I have seen it die in the faces of those who mock the magic makers as they send you off to Neverland. I watch and I notice the magic die, slowly everyday a little bit more as people forget and let the world into their hearts. You see the world does not like the magic, it will do all it can to destroy it. With pain and agony I watch it slowly go, I then realize that it will never die, we have been promised that it will always live and no matter what, there will be opposition in all things. No matter how much power the world and the dark will gain the magic, the good will always gain in its power as well.

It cannot die the good, the magic will always win! We must not let the fear of the dark overcome us because we have to create the magic, we are magic makers, it lives and grows within us! Go my friends Believe, share the magic!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my girl! How beautifully you expressed this. I wish that there were a way that could ensure that you would only see the magic for the rest of your days. I do not have the power or ability, but perhaps you don't really need me to, since you obviously understand the importance of the magic. People like you will keep it alive!

    ReplyDelete