Saturday, March 3, 2012

Music speaks to me!

So I love music, like I really love music. I don't play music, I don't really write music, I don't even consider myself a really good singer, but I do have a musical gift. I have always felt that I have a very special gift in receiving revelation through music. Music touches me in very deep ways, I owe a lot of who I am to what I've heard in music. I can hear the spirit speak to me in very deep ways when I listen to my songs. Of course many songs are for fun, but even the fun crazy ones have some sort of meaning and have touched my life some how.
Not only do I hear through the music but I also receive unbelievable comfort, strength and memory through music. Every monumental moment good and bad has at least one, maybe more songs related to whatever event. Every person who I have lost has a song to help me remember them forever. Every big memory has a song and every song has some kind of memory.
Why so much county? So if you really know me you know that I really really love country. Funny thing is I didn't used to, I used to hate it. Then I actually listened and it touched me, again in very deep ways. I am at a point in life where I am not totally sure what I want to do and I'm not really sure what is going to happen. I do know that no matter what these seven things will happen, when I grow up I will be... 1) A mother 2)A missionary 3) A cowgirl 4)An actress 5) a teacher 6) A child and 7) A princess... So back to country, I started to love country when I found my true cowgirl self in 4h when I raised my beautiful steers. My love has grown even more as I have lived in Florida because I miss Colorado and I miss being with my cows and being a cowgirl. I never knew how awesome that part of me was till I moved away from it. Florida has blessed me in the sense that is has shown me that that is very huge part of the real me! I listen to country because it keeps me connected to that. It makes me feel proud of my hard core down and dirty side! It helps me really love me, which as you now know is a hard thing for me. So I will continue to listen to it cause it is awesome and it touches me in a spiritual way.
So what about them hymns? They are my favorite they of course are what touch the heart for everyone the most! I am not ashamed at all to the have Mormon Tabernacle Choir on my ipod. Those songs have helped me through some rough ones they have literally saved my life in many occasions. I love them with all my heart and I will always love them!
Well that is my little soap box of my special ear for music. I love my music, I will always love my music and I will continue to listen and receive my own personal revelation and awe-ha moments from my music.

Six tops of "those songs" (of course there are sooooo many more.)

Hymns:

* A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief.
* God Be With You Till We Meet Again.
* The Spirit of God.
* Be Still my Soul.
* If you Could Hie to Kolob.
* Come, Come ye Saints.
Country:

*Colder Weather.
* A little bit stronger.
* Who you'd be today.
* If Heaven Wasn't so Far Away.
* Made in America.
* The House that Built me.

Musicals:

* These are a few of My Favorite things.
* For good.
* Defying Gravity.
* Goodnight my someone.
* Tomorrow.
* I dreamed a Dream.

Love songs:

* I see the light.
* You're still you.
* When you say nothing at all.
* Far Away.
* I'll be.
* Annie's Song.

Disney Songs:

* It's a Small World.
* When you wish upon a star.
* Mickey Mouse March.
* There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.
* Reflection.
* Almost There.

Other random songs:

* Blind.
* God only knows.
* Broken.
* The Climb.
* I'll be your candle on the water.
* On the Wings of a Dream.
* (one more) Perfect, the one from last post.


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I think we are related or something! I am so proud of my cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am utterly astounded, Tink. Except for the country, i love most of these songs the same way you do. And those wicked souls in the world who say, "It's only music. It has no effect on people" say that to deceive. You are wise and wonderful and I love you. Like a protective uncle.

    ReplyDelete